Follow us on LinkedIn
The Volvo Ocean Race is the longest, most competitive sporting event in the world and one of sailing’s great offshore adventures. Through our Internship Programme, we offer a great opportunity to form part of a dynamic team at the race’s headquarters in Alicante, Spain.
The race began life in 1973 as the Whitbread Round the World Race and while much has changed over the past 43 years, it remains true to the creative, pioneering spirit of the early editions.
Being part of the Volvo Ocean Race team offers a chance to gain experience and develop on-the-job skills, while taking on real responsibility. If you are a team player with a love of sport, if you know how to work hard and have fun, and you are eager to make the best of this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you!
We cannot guarantee employment at the end of an internship, but we can promise a unique experience of being part of the Volvo Ocean Race - and without doubt a great deal of value added to your CV.
Our preference is for 12 month internships at the end of your studies, or just before final year.
This is the list of our current internships:
- Chinese Digital Editor
The key role of the Chinese Digital Editor is to create, package, deliver and monitor all Chinese content generated before and during the race following the editorial strategy.
The successful candidate must have experience of producing engaging digital content on the biggest social media platforms in China. It’s also important to have expertise and experience in digital communications in general, including PR and journalism, as well as the ability to advise and influence senior stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone with the ability to work under pressure and the imagination to contribute great ideas, while playing a part in a large team devoted to delivering a great sporting event.
Purpose of the job
- Work with the Editorial Team to create, adapt and package content for Chinese digital platforms
- Engage directly with the audience on social platforms
- Keep the Race at the cutting edge of digital content trends in China
- Deal directly with Chinese media outlets to pitch story ideas
- Assist the Media Operations team, working directly with Chinese media at certain Host Cities
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Experience in packaging content for websites and apps, management of social media channels, social media publishing platforms, and social media monitoring systems.
- Experience in the practical application of social media techniques and an understanding of the issues surrounding in particular managing communities.
- A capacity to determine priorities, and a clear view of what is and what is not practical within the constraints of time, costs and resources and the ability to anticipate problems and determine how best to resolve them.
- A good knowledge of current and developing platforms, technologies and tools, coupled with an understanding of how they can be used to communicate.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and to balance often conflicting demands.
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Attention to detail
Requirements to apply:
- EU National or Resident
- Fluent in English, plus high level of Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese), French
- Your CV/resume MUST be in English, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org