A lucky group of invited guests got the ride of their lives during the Lorient Pro-Am Race, sailed under blue skies and over 20 knots of wind.
Franck Cammas’ Groupama sailing team closed out the three race series which saw the fleet blast around predominantly reaching courses at speeds well over 20 knots.
Judging by their ear to ear smiles, all the on board guests thoroughly enjoyed their day on the water -- even those put to work on the pedestal winches.
Tomorrow the six boat fleet will line up for the first of the race’s final three scoring opportunities, the Bretagne In-Port Race, followed on Sunday by the start of Leg 9 to Galway, Ireland.
Lorient Pro-Am Race Overall Results
1. Groupama 5 points
2. Puma 8 points
3. Camper 10 points
4. Sanya 11 points
5. Telefonica 12 points
6. Abu Dhabi 17 points
- 1 Jul 2012Resurgent Telefónica lead fleet out on final leg
- 15 Jun 2012Dock talk: Leg 8 finish
- 15 Jun 2012Groupama seal dream victory on home waters
- 13 Jun 2012Bowman Brad saves day as jammed sail costs Groupama vital places
- 10 Jun 2012Groupama prepared for fight to take lead home
- 1 Jun 2012French over-achievers enjoy life at the top