PUMA Ocean Racing powered by BERG suffered the heartbreak of a dismasting on Leg 1 yet they recovered to force their way back into the reckoning and ended up In-Port Race Series champions.
Ken Read's team found themselves battling for the golf course record at the world's most remote human settlement after a dismasting on leg 1 forced them to limp in to Tristan da Cunha.
It was a devastating blow, yet the team showed remarkable character to get back into the race with back-to-back offshore leg victories and give the eventual winners a bit of a fright.
Here, we present a recap of what was an extraordinary campaign from Read's time, one documented memorably by MCM Amory Ross.
- 20 May 2012Top four compressed ahead of transatlantic leg start
- 18 May 2012Four in-ports, three legs, too close to call
- 15 May 2012Teams eye Miami points grab ahead of Atlantic crossing
- 3 Dec 2011PUMA on their way after heart-pounding rescue act
- 25 Nov 2011PUMA entranced by the aura of Tristan
- 18 Nov 2011PUMA: the inside scoop