Franck Cammas has been shortlisted by the French Sailing Federation for the title of Sailor of the Year 2012. Winner of the Volvo Ocean Race 2011-12 with Groupama sailing team, is he going to add that award to his well-stocked honours list?
The Federation selected five eligible sailors – Cammas, who never won that prize, Loïck Peyron, who established a new Jules Verne record with Banque Populaire in 2012, windsurf legend Antoine Albeau, who won his 20th world title in PWA, Julien Bontemps, world RS:X champion and Jonathan Lobert, bronze Olympic medallist in Finn.
A jury of sailing experts, journalists and representatives of the Federation will vote to elect the Sailor of the Year 2012 on December 10.
The winner will be announced the same evening during the annual FFVoile party.
- 2 Sep 2013Roaring Forties, chapter 36: New boy Franck upsets the odds
- 11 Dec 2012Smiling Cammas named French Sailor of the Year
- 20 Nov 2012A Parisian visit for Groupama 4
- 2 Jul 2012How fearless Franck led French to victory
- 4 Apr 2012Volvo Ocean Race CEO expresses concern at breakages
- 3 Nov 2009The French are back