The Volvo Ocean Race is one of the top sporting events worldwide, delivering a thrilling premiere sailing competition alongside global media exposure and a distinctive corporate hospitality platform. Furthermore, this unique marketing platform offers an unrivalled return on investment to its sponsors.
Volvo Ocean Race key characteristics:
- The world's most prestigious round the world sailing race
- Top class professional sportsmen and women sailing the most technically advanced ocean racing yachts
- 9-month endurance test, 37,000 nautical miles - "The Everest of Sailing"
- 37-year heritage, the regatta was previously known as The Whitbread Round the World Race
- 10 stopovers delivering unique global reach in Asia, North & South America, Africa, Middle East & Europe
- Mass media exposure via a multi-channel communication strategy spanning TV, press, internet, mobile phones and an extremely successful online sailing game
- It takes place every three years, the next edition running from October 2011 to July 2012
- Leading global corporations get involved in the Volvo Ocean Race either through sponsoring a team, or directly as race sponsors. For local players, there is also the option to sponsor one or many stopovers.
Depending on the company requirements and right & benefits needs, the level of involvement varies greatly, ranging from supplier to partner status.
Current and past sponsors mentioned, among others, the following reasons to invest in the Volvo Ocean Race:
- A powerful corporate hospitality platform
- Unlimited activation potential across 10 local markets
- A global marketing platform
- Proven ROI (200-300% for main team sponsors in the last edition)
- Premium and 'money can't buy' business to business opportunities
- Extensive global media coverage
- In summary, the Volvo Ocean Race is one of the most effective sports marketing opportunities available in the world. The event offers unique opportunities as a platform for delivering on a wide range of strategic business objectives whilst making real and measurable impact on the bottom line.
For more information and a detailed discussion on how our platform could meet your needs please contact:
Tel: +34 966 011 100